Sunday, September 6, 2009

Housecleaning

My wife is gone and I'm getting ready to move so I'm packing and doing some housecleaning. After tidying up my room I decided to do one of my kids' rooms as he is gone on an excursion today with friends. While performing my Mr. Mom duties, I came across a particular situation that required attention and soon found myself frustrated and formulating the words to a short poem that I will post below for your entertainment and sympathy.

Beneath the Bed

Oh, I really cannot comprehend
The quantity of junk
That lives and lurks in darkness there
Beneath my dear sons bunk.

It looks as though a hurricane
Got lost along the way
And blew the contents of his room
Beneath his bed to stay.

I cleaned in here just yesterday!
I said in disbelief.
So where's all this stuff coming from?
My voice all filled with grief.

Perhaps the space is magnitized?
A black hole? or even worse
Triangle of Bermuda? Lord!
The space is somehow cursed!

So here's to parents everywhere
Please tell me what to do
Help me to solve this mystery
Before it gets you too!

5 comments:

  1. HA! Very good Dad!

    I think you used to use the "black bag" on us. You'd go through our room after we said "we cleaned it", and if there was anything left out you'd put it in the black bag and wouldn't give it back for a week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that? I must be getting old, I don't remember that. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool Dad! I understand how you feel, except that for my boys its not their bed but mine that they shove everythng under, or on top! ha! Mommy´s bed is always the best! Yes, and I remember the black bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, we are Joyful (in Foz, -Brazil) and her two grandkids, Patrick (10) and Natalia (7 1/2) I recently told them about Kika, -I have spina bifida myself (but can walk)and showed them Kika's site. We are praying for her and your family. We loved your poem and your kids' responses. We love you! Check us out at www.mundomelhor.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Joyful! I took a look at your site--beautiful! Such a wonderful work in my old field of Brazil! I used to always visit Foz on visa trips until I got residency.

    ReplyDelete