Thursday, May 20, 2010

In the hospital 6 days

Yup, you read it right! I had been sick for almost two weeks when I finally visited my doctor who has been treating my asthma. So they did some blood tests and a chest x-ray. The x-ray revealed a large gray mass in my left lung, 4x8 cm. So off I went to the hospital to find out what it was. Top of the list was TB or cancer. At the hospital they ran all these tests and at this point, all my tests for TB have come back negative. A CT scan seemed to indicate that the mysterious mass was not cancer, yay! They still are not ruling out TB or cancer 100%  but they are leaning more towards thinking it is an infection of some sort and are treating it with antibiotics. I'll have to do some follow up tests and visits to see how I am progressing. So, needless to say, please keep me in your prayers, okay? Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. We are all praying for you...every single day!!! We know the Lord is going to pull you & your family through this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your prayers, Deb, and everyone else! I should know more in about 3 weeks after some more tests and a doctor visit. I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been praying for you here in Chile, Zeb! We'll keep doing it. Love to Christy. Dulce of Esteban

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Dulce! Nice to hear from you! And thank you for your prayers. The Lord answered them and I'm fine. Check out my latest post for more details.

    ReplyDelete